Ali Bilton • Dec 18, 2019
I'm always looking for new ways to use game, these are great and so versatile. A definite crowd-pleaser.
This recipe will make around 12 canapé sized rolls, but probably around 6 standard sized ones that would be great at lunch-time.
1 partridge, breast and thigh meat only, finely chopped
100g minced pork
30g smoked bacon lardons, finely chopped
50g grated apple (1 small eating apple, peeled and grated and squeezed dry)
1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
½ tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 egg yolk
1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
3 tbsp mango chutney
Salt and pepper
¼ tsp caraway seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas6.
2. Mix together the partridge meat, bacon, apple, shallot, coriander, parsley and egg yolk, season well.
3. Lay the ready rolled puff pastry on a sheet of baking parchment. Cut in half along the length of the sheet of pastry.
4. Spread the centre of each strip with the mango chutney. Divide the filling on top of the mango chutney.
5. Beat the remaining egg with a little salt and water.
6. Brush one long side of the pastry and then lift the other side of the pastry over the filling. Lift the side brushed with egg over to seal the sausage roll. Turn over and cut in two.
7. Repeat with the other half of pastry.
8. Place the baking parchment on a baking sheet and put the sausages rolls on top.
9. Brush the rolls well with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes.
11. Serve warm with spicy parsnip soup.