Updated: May 21, 2020
Ali Bilton • Feb 19, 2020
The perfect accompaniment to my Thai green or Massaman curry.
It uses up all the trimmings from your curry paste, making a delicious fragrant stock. If you use brown jasmine rice , you will need to simmer the rice in 3 times its volume in stock, for 25-30 minutes.
450g jasmine rice washed thoroughly
1 thumb ginger sliced
2 stalks lemongrass crushed
4 lime leaves
2 spring onions roughly chopped
950ml hot water
1. Bring to the water to the boil with the ginger, lemongrass lime leaves and spring onions.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes
3. Put the washed rice in another saucepan and strain over enough of the liquid to just cover.
4. Bring to the boil, add some salt, cover and reduce the heat to a bare minimum and cook very gently for 10-12 minutes
5. Check the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and serve immediately