Ali Bilton • Jan 03, 2020
Red cabbage is such a comforting side dish, and this recipe is my favourite of them all. It's really easy to double up and, plus side, great to freeze.
1 Big red cabbage
3 Red onions
2 Large cooking apples
1/5 teaspoons of Ground cinammin
3 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
0.5 Teaspoon of Salt
0.5 Teaspoons of Pepper
100ml Boiling water
4 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
1. De-core and shred the cabbage, peel and finely dice the onion, and de-core and finely dice the apple.
2. Divide the cabbage in quarters, and then divide everything else into thirds.
3. Start layering the ingredients by adding a layer of the cabbage, followed by a third of everything else.
4. Repeat, and then finish with a layer of red cabbage.
5. Add 100ml of boiling water and 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
6. Cover the top with a piece of baking parchment, and then add the lid to the pan.
7. Cook in the oven for 1hr and 30 mins.