Updated: May 1
Makes 12 small or 9 large muffins
4 over-ripe bananas
100g caster sugar
100g light soft brown sugar
1 egg (e)
2 tsp vanilla essence/1 tsp vanilla bean paste
60ml rapeseed/vegetable/olive oil
250g self-raising flour (w)
1 tsp baking powder (w)
30g cocoa powder
12 tsp hazelnut spread/Nutella/chocolate spread (n, m)
· Heat oven to 170C
· Line a deep 12 hole muffin tin with cases
· Mash the bananas well using a fork.
· Whisk in the sugars, followed by the egg, vanilla and oil
· Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa, fold in gently until it is all mixed in.
· Divide the mixture between the 12 cups and put a tsp of hazelnut spread on the top of each one. Push it into the muffin mixture.
· Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden
Allergen advice highlighted in red includes (e) egg, (w)wheat/gluten, (n)nuts/hazelnuts, (m)milk/dairy