This is an indulgent eggy bread for the weekend.
It can be done with any bread, we made ours with sourdough (as we are a bit obsessed).
You can change the Nutella for peanut butter, almond butter- anything you like- leave out the banana if you’re not keen.
Its quick and delicious!
6-8 slices of bread, depending on their size
Nutella/peanut butter/almond butter/chocolate spread
2 tbsp full fat milk
Icing sugar for dusting
* Spread half of the slices of bread with your spread of choice
* Slice the banana and lay on top of the Nutella or spread of choice
* Lay the other slices of bread on top top form 3-4 sandwiches
* Beat the eggs and milk together in a shallow wide dish
* Dip one side of the sandwich in the eggy mixture, then the other side
* Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown
* Do this in batches if necessary and keep the sandwiches warm whilst you cook the others.
* Dust with icing sugar and cut in half-
* Have a lovely breakfast!